At Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG), our mission is to provide next generation service and technology solutions in the geomatics industry. LEG has grown to be one of the top providers of digital aerial photography and LiDAR throughout Canada and the Northeastern United States. Reporting to LEG’s Lead Software Developer, the expected duration of this full-time position is one year.
The intermediate software developer is a self-motivated individual responsible for the creation of Geospatial solutions to contribute to the success of Leading Edge Geomatics and its clients. Reporting to the Lead Software Developer, they will be expected to contribute not only in the day to day activities of software development but also in facing on the fly challenges to help support other departments within the organization. Their expertise will be applied across all milestones of the software development lifecycle including design and use case development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver well-documented, complete and robust software designs and code.
- Ensure tasks and assignments are completed according to spec.
- Provide effective communication with the development team.
- Work with supervision and at times independently.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent.
- Three or more years’ experience in software development, experience with GIS/Geospatial solutions is considered an asset
- Knowledge of .NET
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of Database design, relational and non-relational
- Experience working in an Agile development environment considered an asset
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment
The Intermediate Software Developer is a highly-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to work in a team. Attributes include:
- Strong work ethic, dependable and responsible, with the ability to be prompt and on time on a consistent basis.
- Committed to ongoing professional development and learning
- Is a positive and constructive team player, willingly assisting fellow team members and sharing knowledge.
- Ability to remain calm and under pressure; deals well with stress.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize projects and tasks accordingly, flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Is a self-starter and problem solver who willingly takes on responsibility for tasks assigned, ensuring they are completed thoroughly and accurately
- An innovative thinker who actively participates and offers constructive suggestions that contribute to the success of the company, process improvements, and makes contributions to the best practice documents.
- A passion for delivering quality client service to both internal and external customers, including a strong knowledge of quality customer service to external and internal customers.
- Possess a strong commitment to not only meeting, but exceeding customer/client expectations.
Please email your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.