Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG) is currently seeking an experienced Quality Assurance/Quality Control Analyst to join our growing team. The QA/QC Analyst is a vital point of contact for clients and members of the LEG team. By overseeing all remote sensing projects’ QA/QC, and liaising on a daily basis with the LEG team and clients, the QA/QC Analyst ensures delivery of complete and accurate aerial survey data, using company workflow processes to ensure the highest levels of accuracy, data quality, and client satisfaction. Reporting to the Manager of Positioning and working closely with all department managers, this is a full-time, permanent position based at company headquarters in Lincoln, New Brunswick.
The Quality Assurance/Quality Control Analyst has strong organizational skills with an ability to manage a diverse team and competing client demands. They are involved in all stages of project management including planning, monitoring and reporting, resource and timeline management, risk assessment and mitigation, and quality assurance. The QA/QC Analyst is also expected to assist in creation and completion of data processing on a regular basis. The QA/QC Analyst is thoroughly familiar with all LEG processes, contracts and timelines, enabling them to coordinate and provide support to all departments on a regular basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing and performing QC on project deliverables to ensure they are consistent with contract requirements and delivery dates, completing or advising on necessary alterations
• Coordinating and organizing various departments and resources to ensure contract deliverables and timelines will be achieved
• Consult on procedures for standard product deliverables, thus improving quality, and providing clarity in project capabilities and product options
• Maintain communications with all departments in order to stay up to date on project status
• Assist with completion of basic LiDAR and Photo processing checks and tasks
• Complete various Project Quality Reports as required
• Assess LiDAR dataset accuracies, coverage and densities
• Examine data integrity
• Assist in crafting remediating action to improve data creation workflow
• Assist with researching and testing new methodologies to increase efficiencies, and help develop work arounds for tasks requiring alternative software
Must have successfully completed a post-secondary training program in remote sensing and/or GIS (including mapping, projections and datum) from a recognized post-secondary institution, and have at least three years’ experience in remote sensing or GIS industry. Strong computer skills are also required. Experience with trajectory processing is considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A thorough understanding of remote sensing products and applications
• Experience in project management and coordination of multiple departments
• Highly motivated, with very strong leadership and organizational skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and commitment to customer service
• A strong sense of business and a desire to work in a competitive environment
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently
• Continual learner and innovative thinker
To apply to this position, please email your cover letter and resume in PDF format firstname.lastname@example.org LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.