At Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG) our mission is to provide next generation service and technology solutions in the geomatics industry. Leading Edge has grown to be one of the top providers of digital aerial photography and LiDAR throughout Canada and the United States. Leading Edge Enterprises (LEE), represents our aviation division, including pilots and aircraft mechanics. As a result of our expanding service offerings, we are seeking an Aviation Stores Manager to join our growing team.
The overall goal of this position is to significantly contribute to the ongoing success of
LEE and by monitoring and maintain inventory for our aviation division. Reporting to LEE’s Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM) and Operations Director, this is a full-time position based out of Lincoln, New Brunswick.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Thoroughly familiarizing yourself with needs and timelines of maintenance teams
- Familiarizing yourself with company manuals and Transport Canada standards and procedures
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers, providing management with most-cost effective and efficient options
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Ordering, confirming, and tracking shipping and receiving related to aviation division, contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Effectively monitoring and maintaining inventory for all aircraft related projects, and building supplies, monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within establishment using company inventory systems, reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using company inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Proficient with Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Must be in good physical condition:
- Ability to lift and move gear weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to tolerate temporary exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold and noise.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates a helpful and positive approach to all client and colleague interactions
Please email your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.