At Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG), our mission is to provide next generation service and technology solutions in the geomatics industry. LEG has grown to be one of the top providers of digital aerial photography and LiDAR throughout Canada and the Northeastern United States. As a result of our expanding product offerings, we are seeking a LiDAR Data Processing Analyst proficient in Terrasolid, specifically TerraMatch and TerraScan, with experience working on large projects and datasets to work as a consultant/contractor with our positioning and production team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define, create and setup Terrasolid Projects from scratch
- Import all LAS data, trajectories and reference data
- Generate tile structure based on project requirements
- Process, filter and classify LiDAR as required in TerraScan
- Run TerraMatch on all resultant data.
- Assemble and deliver final adjusted data to production
- Making process improvement suggestions and contributing to best practice documents
- Regularly researching new remote sensing and GIS/GPS technologies and service providers
Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program remote sensing and/or GIS. Experience with trajectory processing is considered an asset. Must be highly proficient in TerraMatch, TerraScan, and related Terrasolid products.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to lead others and work in a team. Additional attributes include:
- Proficient in Terrasolid TerraMatch
- Very strong data management and organization skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Thorough working knowledge of computer database systems and data security requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A continuous learner and self-starter with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to project manage, and work with others
To learn more or apply to this position, please email your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.