At Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG), our mission is to provide next generation service and technology solutions in the geomatics industry. LEG has grown to be one of the top providers of digital aerial photography and LiDAR throughout Canada and the Northeastern United States. Reporting to LEG’s Lead Software Developer, the expected duration of this full-time position is one year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the creation of new software applications.
- Maintain existing production software.
- Participate in peer review and design exercises.
- Preparation of reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements.
- Production of digital spatial information products.
Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in computer science, information systems, software engineering or related degree.
Experience with GIS/Geospatial solutions is considered an asset.
The Junior Software Developer is a highly-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to work in a team. Attributes include:
- Experience working with GIS formats such as shapefile, GEOtiff, ArcGIS and associated databases and languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong sense of business and a desire to work in a competitive environment.
- A self-starter with excellent problem solving skills.
- A continuous learner
- Excellent Team Skills