We are currently seeking a LiDAR Editor to join our team. Reporting to LEG’s Production Manager, this is a part-time position.Work hours will vary, and take place primarily on evenings and weekends.
The overall goal is to provide technical support to the production team and aid to deliver LiDAR survey data of the highest possible quality and accuracy; meeting all project specifications within the timelines required and meeting or exceeding client expectations at all times.
This position will entail training to prepare candidate to work with LiDAR data, experience in this field is not required. Candidates should have extensive experience with computers, and previous experience in an IT role is considered an asset.
This will be achieved by:
- Communicating electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Setting up equipment for employee use
- Carefully reviewing the collected LiDAR point clouds to ensure data is coherent, has complete coverage, and does not contain anomalies resulting from sensor errors or mission planning.
- Efficiently using the appropriate software filters to automatically classify information within the point cloud to specified layers.
- Thoroughly reviewing data to ensure that only base ground data remains and that all other data is moved to the appropriate classifications (buildings, wires, trees, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to achieve each of the key objectives previously outlined. The requirements that follow are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to achieve these objectives.
Very strong computer skills are required. The ideal candidate has experience in:
- A+ certification
- Network Admin/Maintenance
- Linux Experience
- Windows Administration
- Previous Experience in an IT role