Land Survey Technician
We are currently accepting applications for Survey Technicians to join our team in early 2019. Reporting to LEG’s Operations Manager, this is a part-time leading full-time position.
The overall goal of this position is to significantly contribute to the ongoing success of LEG by conducting efficient ground surveys that provide highly accurate and precise coordinates, and processing the data to meet all specifications designated by the client. During peak season, this position requires significant overtime as well as overnight travel for up to five consecutive weeks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Effectively planning ground control surveys to meet project requirements within the required timelines
• Thoroughly familiarizing yourself with the project areas to be surveyed, assisting in identifying appropriate control points prior to departure
• Correctly setting up, connecting, configuring and leveling the survey equipment, taking sufficient numbers of measurements to confirm the measurements are correct
• Carefully locating all ground control points in the field
• Closely observing data on provincial control monuments simultaneously with the control points identified during the planning stage
• Quickly and effectively troubleshooting equipment or software problems
• Taking comprehensive, detailed and accurate field notes about all procedures used
• Maintenance of survey equipment and basic vehicle maintenance as required
Must be in good physical condition:
• Ability to lift and move gear weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to tolerate exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise and vibration, extreme cold, heat, and all types of weather conditions
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in survey, geomatics engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, is considered an asset.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a commitment to continuous quality improvement
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrates a helpful and positive approach to all client and colleague interactions