At Leading Edge Geomatics (LEG), our mission is to provide next generation service and technology solutions in the geomatics industry. LEG has grown to be one of the top providers of digital aerial photography and LiDAR throughout Canada and the United States. As a result of our expanding product offerings, we are seeking an Intermediate Front-End Developer to join our team based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Reporting to LEG’s Information Systems Manager, this is a full-time, seven month contract with the possibility for extension.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of new software products for internal and external use
- Maintenance and upkeep of existing software projects
- Researching experimental and unexplored processes
Must have successfully completed training program in software development, computer programming, or a related program through a recognized post-secondary institution. Must have minimum 2 years’ experience in software development and design. Experience with programming for 3D Space and working with large volumes of data also an asset.
Required Technical Skills:
- Visual Studio
- .NET(C#, VB, ASP)
- Unit Testing Frameworks
- Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Working Knowledge of Public and Private network security.
- Working Knowledge of Computer Hardware, its effects on Software, and vice versa.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid iteration, development cycle.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to lead others and work in a team. Additional attributes include:
- Very strong project and time management skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A continuous learner and self-starter
- Ability to adapt and work in a team environment
To learn more or apply to this position, please email your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org . LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.