LEG is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to join our team based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Reporting to LEG’s Lead Software Developer, this is a full-time, one-year contract with the possibility for extension.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of new software products for internal and external use
- Maintenance and upkeep of existing software projects
- Researching experimental and unexplored processes
- Processing of large volumes of data to ultimately create products for client delivery
- May at times be required to oversee and manage a Junior Developer
Must have successfully completed training program in software development, computer programming, or a related program through a recognized post-secondary institution. Must have minimum 2 years’ experience in software development and design. Experience with programming for 3D Space and working with large volumes of data also an asset.
Required Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of Software Project planning: Use Cases, Class Diagrams, “SCRUM like” Backlog techniques.
- Working Knowledge of Public and Private network security.
- Working Knowledge of Computer Hardware, its effects on Software, and vice versa.
- Working Knowledge of Regression and Classification Model technology (Random Forest based).
- Ability to carry a project from concept to final product
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid iteration, development cycle
Working Knowledge of the following technologies:
• .NET(C#, VB, ASP,Core,MVC) & Visual Studio
• RESTful Web Services
• GeoServer, Leaflet, OpenLayers
• Subversion, GIT
• Apache Tomcat
• R (Incl. RStudio, Shiny & Plyr type packages)
• C++ (Comprehension Only Necessary)
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to lead others and work in a team. Additional attributes include:
- Very strong project and time management skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A continuous learner and self-starter
- Ability to adapt and work in a team environment
To learn more or apply to this position, please email your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com . LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.