We are currently accepting applications for Sensor Operators to join our team in early 2019. The overall goal of this position is to significantly contribute to the ongoing success of LEG by conducting efficient aerial surveys that provide highly accurate and high-quality data to meet all specifications designated by the client. Reporting to LEG’s Operations Department, this is a part-time leading full-time position. During peak season this position requires significant overtime as well as overnight travel for up to five consecutive weeks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Operating remote sensing equipment from aircraft:
• Effectively monitoring sensor parameters through mission software and ensuring project specifications are met
• Ensuring sensors are prepared and working before each mission
• Familiarization with sensors and associated hardware in order to better understand and efficiently troubleshoot errors
• Familiarization with the project areas to be surveyed
• Maintaining comprehensive, detailed and accurate field notes
• Accurately inputting data into databases
• Ensuring data and results of the highest accuracy, integrity and quality are consistently delivered to clients
• Successful completion of Grade 12
• Must be in good physical condition:
• Ability to lift and move gear weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to tolerate exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise and vibration, extreme cold, heat, and all types of weather conditions
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods in confined spaces
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a commitment to continuous quality improvement
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrates a helpful and positive approach to all client and colleague interactions
Please email your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.