We are currently accepting applications for Sensor Operators to join our team . The overall goal of this position is to significantly contribute to the ongoing success of LEG by conducting efficient aerial surveys that provide highly accurate and high-quality data to meet all specifications designated by the client. Reporting to LEG’s Operations Department, this is a part-time leading full-time position. During peak season this position requires significant overtime as well as overnight travel for up to five consecutive weeks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Operating remote sensing equipment from aircraft:
• Effectively monitoring sensor parameters through mission software and ensuring project specifications are met
• Ensuring sensors are prepared and working before each mission
• Familiarization with sensors and associated hardware in order to better understand and efficiently troubleshoot errors
• Familiarization with the project areas to be surveyed
• Maintaining comprehensive, detailed and accurate field notes
• Accurately inputting data into databases
• Ensuring data and results of the highest accuracy, integrity and quality are consistently delivered to clients
• Successful completion of Grade 12
• Must be in good physical condition:
• Ability to lift and move gear weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to tolerate exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise and vibration, extreme cold, heat, and all types of weather conditions
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods in confined spaces
• Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a commitment to continuous quality improvement
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrates a helpful and positive approach to all client and colleague interactions
Please email your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. LEG thanks all applicants, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.